Call for 2022 Doctoral Programs for International Students in Economics / Finance / Applied Mathematics / Operations research / the supply chain / AI / Computer sciences from UCAS
The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) accepts international students through over 20 UCAS faculties and over 100 institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). Doctoral programs commonly last for 3-4 years. Certificates of graduation and degrees will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment.
2. General Conditions for Applicants
- Non-Chinese citizens who abide by China's laws and decrees, as well as UCAS's rules and regulations.
- Be of good character and in good health without any infectious disease or physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study.
- Holding a Master's degree in Economics /Finance / Applied Mathematics / Operations research / the supply chain / AI / Computer sciences or its equivalent.
- Doctoral researchers will be capable of analyzing a range of data using a range of qualitative and quantitative techniques. They will be able to explain theories underlying different approaches to social science research.
- English proficiency is required.
3. Application Time
● Program for 2022 fall semester: Please submit online application during November 1st, 2021–April 30th, 2022. For those who apply to UCAS for scholarship, please submit application before March 31st, 2022.
● Program for 2023 spring semester: Please submit online application during May 1st, 2022–October 30th, 2022.
4. Fees and Scholarships
4.1 Application Processing Fee, Tuition, and Expenses:
- Application processing fee: RMB 600 (Non-refundable)
- Liberal Arts: RMB 34,000/year;
- All Other Disciplines: RMB 40,000/year;
- Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance premium:
- RMB 800/year, RMB 400/half year;
- Accommodation (shared rooms) fee: RMB 900/month for one student;
- Outpatient service fee is paid according to the insurance scheme of insurance company.
Board expenses, travel expenses and other costs of experiments, meetings and trainings beyond the program curriculum are at the student's own expense.
- Currencies other than RMB, USD and EUR are unacceptable.
- UCAS bank account information:
Beneficiary: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Account number: 11001059200053002790
Bank: Construction Bank of China
Beijing Municipal Dongfangguangchang Branch
- Please specify the purpose of the remittance and the student’s name, nationality and passport number.
- Due to the limitation of dormitory capacity, those who fail to make reservation need to find the accommodation off campus by themselves.
● Chinese Government Scholarship
The Chinese Government Scholarship sponsor international students to study at Chinese universities. The scholarship offers fee waivers of admission application and tuition, health insurance, on-campus accommodation, etc. Please refer to the website of the China Scholarship Council (http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/) for detailed introduction, qualifications of applicants and application procedure.
UCAS is one of the Chinese Government Scholarship universities. Eligible applicants may apply to the China Scholarship Council with recommendation from related national official departments and Embassies or Consulates of the People's Republic of China. The scholarship application usually starts in November and ends in the following April, but please be noted of deadline variations for different countries. The International Students Office of UCAS will offer pre-admission notice if needed.
● ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents
The program offers full scholarship for international students from all over the world to pursue graduate education at UCAS. It provides tuition and application processing fee waivers and living allowance, health insurance and international travel subsidy.
● UCAS Scholarship for International Students
The program offers full scholarship and partial scholarship for international students to pursue graduate education at UCAS. Full scholarship provides tuition fee waiver, health insurance and living allowance. Partial scholarship commonly provides tuition fee waiver and health insurance.
5. Contact Information
Email: [email protected]
Professor wu desheng
Email: [email protected]
Address: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
No.80 Zhongguancun East Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100190, China